It demanded the international community, especially the signatory parties to the Geneva Conventions, to put pressure on the occupation state and force it to respect its obligations under international law, and to treat detainees humanely in keeping with the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners issued in 1955, and other relevant international standards.
What does SMRTP stand for?
SMRTP stands for Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners (United Nations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- State Medical Response Team
- Submucosal Resection of the Turbinate (nasal procedure)
- Surface-Mount and Reflow Technology (engineering)
- Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation (South Korea)
- Single Missile Round Transport Container (US DoD)
- Southern Maryland Regional Training Center (firefighting training; LaPlata, MD)
- Surveillance/Reconnaissance Management Tool Database
- Seishin Mizu Ryu Tatakai Jutsu (Water Mind School of Battlefield Arts)
- Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (University of Utah)
- Standardized Medical Readiness Training System
- Sea Mammal Research Unit (University of St. Andrews; St. Andrews, UK)
- Second Most Recently Used
- Shoklo Malaria Research Unit (Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit; Mahidol University; Bangkok, Thailand)
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (Birmingham, AL)
- Surplus Materials Retention Unit (Storage Room) :-)
- Small Multiple Reentry Vehicle
- Squirrel Monkey Retrovirus
- Smoky Mountain Romance Writers (Knoxville, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finally Prison authorities have violated a number of articles of the UN Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners," he added.
In particular, ill-treatment of prisoners, denial of visitation rights, medical negligence, torture and administrative detentions are violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 relative to the protection of civilians in times of war, and against the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners.
Amnesty International's new report takes an additional step, arguing that the role of male staff be restricted in accordance with the United Nations' Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners, which state that "women prisoners shall be attended and supervised only by women officers.
standard minimum rules for the treatment of prisoners.
In a press release, the center stressed the need to compel Israel to commit to Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners, which was adopted in 1955, and other related international standards as well as to work on insuring the release of all Palestinian prisoners, at the forefront the detained representatives of the Palestinian people.
Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners dictates that remand inmates should normally be able to recieve food brought in from outside.
s Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners, "the purposeful infliction of severe pain or suffering on a detainee by public officials or with their acquiescence .