For instance, when they come down and ask me if they look OK in what they are wearing I give the standard man response of 'yes, it's fine'.
What does Stan stand for?
Stan stands for Standard Man (human patient simulator)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Stan
We have 15 other meanings of Stan in our Acronym Attic
- Survivors Take Action Against Abuse by Military Personnel
- Steunpunt Amsterdams Primair Onderwijs voor Educatie en ICT
- Systematic Technique to Analyze and Manage Pennsylvania Pavements (Pennsylvania Department of Transportation)
- Stand Alone Message Processing System
- Strategic Tactical Automated Mission Planning System
- Services and Technology Acquisition Management Sector (Canada)
- Strategies To Achieve Mathematics Success (series; Curriculum Associates, Inc.)
- Sekolah Tinggi Akuntansi Negara (Indonesian: State College of Accountancy)
- SEMCIP Technical Assistance Network
- Star Trek Area Network
- Stärke- und Ausrüstungsnachweis (German)
- State of Hawaii Tele-Health Access Network
- System Trace Audit Number
- Standards and Evaluation
- Standardization Agreement (NATO)
- Military Standardization Agreement - NATO
- Standing Naval Force Channel
- Standing Naval Force, Atlantic
- Standing Naval Force Mediterranean
Samples in periodicals archive:
The standard man - I repeat, standard man - has his sweet old hometime TV-ing, Facebooking or lazing around, while the working woman is always on duty - home or office
I've got the standard man haircut now, which is a sort-of-shortish-backish-and-sidesish thing.
It would have been a harsh call against the Standard man, but no harsher than the penalty Dossena conceded a fortnight ago.
And in the dying minutes John Chapman raced the length of the pitch only to be denied by a good save - insult added to injury when the Standard man was green-carded for complaining that the keeper had subsequently smothered the loose ball.