Documents from the past, including the school improvement plan, standard course-of-study requirements, accountability guidelines, pacing guides, and summaries of past school-wide assessments, revealed that the standard course of study (or state standards) was identified as the primary focus of the school.
What does SCOS stand for?
SCOS stands for Standard Course of Study
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCOS
We have 54 other meanings of SCOS in our Acronym Attic
- Standing Committee on Regional and Urban Statistics
- Satellite Control and Operations System (European Space Agency)
- Science Course of Study (Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation)
- Scottish Chamber of Safety
- Service Center Organization Study
- Single Class of Stock (taxes; S corporations)
- Small Computer and Office Systems (Honeywell)
- Smart Card Operating System (software)
- Spacecraft Operating System
- Stabschef Operative Schulung (German: Chief of Staff Operational Training; Swiss Armed Forces)
- Standing Conference on Organizational Symbolism
- Sub-System Computer Operating System
- Supply Chain Operating Services (i2)
- Surveillance, Collection, & Operations Support
- System Checkout Procedure
- Sarasota Coalition on Substance Abuse, Inc. (Sarasota, FL)
- Spastic Centres of South Australia
- Stockton Center on Successful Aging (Richard Stockton College of New Jersey)
- Sullivan County Soccer Association (Tennessee)
- Sustainable Commercialization of Seeds in Africa (USAID)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the mathematical tasks presented are based on the North Carolina Standard Course of Study goals and objectives, teachers in other locales should be able to easily adapt the lessons to their own state standards.
In the General Assembly of North Carolina, House Bill 511 would have forced the state Board of Education to "revise the Standard Course of Study in the science curriculum to reflect that evolution is taught as a scientific theory, not as a proven fact.