A team of about 15 people maintain and enhance the software during its seven-year active life; a total of 105 staff years.
What does S/Y stand for?
S/Y stands for Staff Years
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of S/Y
We have 5 other meanings of S/Y in our Acronym Attic
- Spiral Welded (pipe)
- Spoke With
- Station Wagon
- Software Configuration Control Board
- Software Assurance
- Secure Wide Area Network
- Software Configuration Item
- Sailing Yacht
- Spawn: Armageddon (video game)
- Signal to Noise (electrical engineering measurement)
- Secondary:Primary Fiber Number (muscle term)
- Stimulator to Responder (cells)
- Spermatids to Sertoli Cells (ratio)
- Stimulated to Unstimulated (cells)
- Shareware Version Equals to the Registered Version
- Elemental Sulfur (chemistry)
- Starboard Truss Segment 0
- Schalke 04 (German soccer team)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on FDA estimates, FDA spent at least $20 million and 130 staff years on fresh produce in fiscal year 2007--or about 3 percent of its food safety dollars and 4 percent of its food safety staff years.
Similarly, FDA spent at least 132 staff years on produce safety in fiscal 2006 and 130 staff years in 2007, or about 4 percent of its total food safety staff years.
Bar staff years ago knew how to handle customers and, if they thought they'd had enough to drink, they were refused more.
A backlog of conservation work on the condition of the collections would require 384 staff years to deal with, the report said.
Most of the additional funding for FY 2000 will finance 493 staff years (up from 463).
For fiscal year 1998, the Service has committed 41 staff years to state and local government employer examinations.