The Society of St Vincent de Paul is a really important charity and they do fantastic work in communities throughout the country.
What does SVP stand for?
SVP stands for St Vincent de Paul
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SVP
We have 168 other meanings of SVP in our Acronym Attic
- soil and vent pipe
- Sony Vegas Pro
- Sound Velocity Profile
- Southern Tyrols People's Party (Italy)
- Special Vehicle Program (Ford Motor Co.)
- Special Visibility Program
- Specific Vocational Preparation
- Specific Vocational Preparation (Department of Labor)
- SpectraLink Voice Priority
- Spontaneous Venous Pulsation
- Stable Value Protection
- Standardized VCR (Voluntary Compliance Resolution) Procedure (US IRS)
- Static-Classification Value Predictor
- Stored Value Product
- Strategic Value Partners (various locations)
- Stream Valley Park
- Stress Volume Performance
- Stride Value Predictor (computing)
- Student Volunteer Program (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Südtiroler Volkspartei (People's Party of South Tyrol/Altoadige)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Toledo Council of the Society of St Vincent de Paul ('SSVdP') aspires to be a caring Catholic charity offering “a hand up” to local people in need.
Despite the rhetoric about protecting the most vulnerable, the reality - according to St Vincent de Paul - is that severe hardships have been imposed on people with the lowest incomes and least resources.
Year five youngsters from St Vincent de Paul Catholic primary in Liverpool city centre arranged the event as a tribute to former head boy Lathanial Olojugba.
The horde was collected by Cardinal Newman RC School, in Sandpits Lane, Keresley, and will be donated to the St Vincent de Paul Society, helping disadvantaged families.
St Vincent de Paul has assisted a number of Protestant families who have either turned up on their doorstep as a last desperate measure or been put in touch through local community and social workers.
ie THE Government is refusing to meet with St Vincent de Paul to discuss cutbacks that could plunge poor families into even deeper poverty.