316) studied the association of serum levels of HCB, DDT, and the DDT meraholite dichioro-diphenyldichloroethylene (DDE) with implantation failure, chemical pregnancy, and spontaneous abortion among women who had in vitro fertilization (IVF).
What does SA stand for?
SA stands for Spontaneous Abortion (miscarriage)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SA
We have 222 other meanings of SA in our Acronym Attic
- Specialist Association (stock market exchanges)
- Spectral Acceleration (seismology)
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Sperm Analysis
- Spherical Array
- Spinal Anesthesia
- Spiral Acquisition
- Spirited Away (Japanese anime movie)
- Splenic Artery
- Spólka Akcyjna (Polish: Joint-Stock Company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They looked at 57 women seen at a single tertiary-care center who had antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) and associated recurrent spontaneous abortion (Ann.
8%) who conceived while living with obstetric fistula and all of those who conceived post-repair experienced at least one spontaneous abortion or perinatal death.
We compared the pregnancy outcome events such as spontaneous abortion (failure of pregnancy within the first 28 weeks of gestation) and neonatal mortality (death of the newborn within 28 days after birth) [7,8] in exposed and non-exposed areas.
The study has found that the risk of spontaneous abortion is high among women residing within 50 metres of a road with an ' annual average daily traffic' of 15,200 vehicles compared to women residing near roads with average daily traffic of about 1,000 vehicles.
In multivariate analyses, neither paternal nor maternal preconception smoking was independently associated with pregnancy loss; however, couples in which both partners smoked had greater odds of a spontaneous abortion compared with couples in which neither partner smoked (odds ratio, 4.
A total of 3714 pregnancies ended in fetal death (3270 in spontaneous abortion and 444 in stillbirth).
women has found no association between induced or spontaneous abortion and the incidence of breast cancer.