I suppose I spoke too soon last week about the milder weather we have been having, never mind, I'm sure the kids will enjoy it at the very least.
What does STS stand for?
STS stands for Spoke Too Soon
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of STS
We have 711 other meanings of STS in our Acronym Attic
- Special Tactics Squadron
- Special Thematic Sessions
- Special Transportation Service
- Special Travel Service
- Specialized Treatment Service
- Specialized Turbine Services
- Specialty Training Standard
- Speech to Speech (phone service for people with a speech disability)
- Speed Trim System (flight)
- Spital Thun Simmental (Swiss hospital)
- Sport Touring Sedan (Cadillac)
- Sports Training System
- Spring Tool Suite (software)
- Spring Training Series (cycling)
- Squires Turbo System (automotive)
- St. Theresa School (various locations)
- Stabilized Tracking Set
- Standard Technical Specifications
- Standard Threshold Shift (temporary hearing loss)
- Stanislavsky Theater Studio
Samples in periodicals archive:
Just as we shower the metro with praise for getting its act together, it seems we spoke too soon.
OUTSIDERS who complained the contest for the Labour crown was dull spoke too soon.
We Spoke Too Soon A last-minute change in programming proved that it's not always wise to prepare things in advance.
I spoke too soon when I said that was my last item.
But thankfully for the Magpies, the visitors spoke too soon as a Shola Ameobiinspired United fought back in real style.
Byline: Tam Cowan I SPOKE too soon in last week's column when I described anagrams as a pain in the "ears".
Looks like I spoke too soon about those World Cup sending offs - suddenly there's more cards around than on Father's Day.