The orange roughy and spiny dogfish may not mature until they are over 20 years, some at over 40 years.
What does DGS stand for?
DGS stands for Spiny Dogfish (FAO fish species code)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DGS
We have 146 other meanings of DGS in our Acronym Attic
- Dog Gone Seattle (Seattle, WA)
- Douglas (Amtrak station code; Douglas, WY)
- Dragon Go Surfer (online computer game)
- Dragons du Soleil (French: Dragons of the Sun; gaming)
- Dried Distiller's Grains and Solubles
- Drill Guidance System
- Drogheda Grammar School (second level school in Ireland)
- Dry Gas Seal
- Dynamic Geometry Software
- Dysfunctional Government Services (various locations)
- Department General Services Procurement Division (California)
- Department General Services Telecommunications Division
- Deployable Ground Station 1
- Dairy Goat Society of Australia
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (European Union)
- Death Guard Soft Air (French Airsoft group)
- Deepwater Girls Softball Association (Pasadena, TX)
- Defense Goal Security Architecture
- Direccion General de Servicios Agricolas (Spanish: General Directorate of Agricultural Services; Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries; Montevideo, Uruguay)
- DoD Goal Security Architecture (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The spurdog, also known as the common spiny dogfish, is a member of the shark family.
Parties failed to accept proposals to list the threatened hammerhead, oceanic whitetip, and spiny dogfish sharks.
shark 91 9 Carcharhinus perezii, Caribbean reef shark 19 81 Sphyrna tiburo, bonnethead 56 44 Squalus acanthias, spiny dogfish 0 100 Total percentage Selachimorpha 45 30 Serranidae: (n = 307) Epinephelus morio, red grouper 81 19 Epinephelus itajara, goliath grouper 91 9 Mycteroperca microlepis, gag 54 46 Mycteroperca bonaci, black grouper 50 21 Epinephelus niveatus, snowy grouper T 100 Total percentage Serranidae 74 23 Anguilliformes: (n = 282) Ophichthus rex, king snake eel 100 0 Congridae, conger eels 97 3 Total percentage Anguilliformes 94 5 Other Osteichthyes: (n = 275) Sciaenops ocellatus, red drum 90 4 Sphyraena barracuda, great barracuda 41 41 Rachycentron canadum, cobia 37 53 Echeneis sp.
Among specific topics are toward the rehabilitation of an under-appreciated species, movement patterns of spiny dogfish within the Strait of Georgia, differences in growth over a latitudinal gradient in the northeast Pacific, determining the gastric evacuation rate for immature spiny dogfish, occurrence in recreational fisheries in the US and implications for stock assessments, and a sequel of the directed fishery for in the 1980s off the west coast of Ireland.
Janet Nye, a postdoctoral researcher at NOAA's Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and the lead author of the study, looked at annual spring survey data from 1968 to 2007 for stocks ranging from Atlantic cod and haddock to yellowtail and winter flounders, spiny dogfish, Atlantic herring, and less well-known species like blackbelly rosefish.