8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An abnormality discovered by U-M researchers in mice with Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 3 could represent a target for therapy.
What does SCA3 stand for?
SCA3 stands for Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 3 (also known as Machado-Joseph Disease)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Systems Configuration Administrator
- Systems Constant Area
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention
- Scientific Council for Africa South of the Sahara
- Self-Consistently Adapted (Core Reference State) Quasi-Degenerate Many-Body Perturbation Theory
- Standard Conditions of Approval and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (Oakland, CA)
- Shuttle Carrier Aircraft/Shuttle Mission Simulator (NASA)
- Spinocerebellar Aataxia Type 1
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 2
- Stem Cell Antigen-2
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 6
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 7
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 8
- Saskatchewan Council of Archives and Archivists (Canada)
- School Curriculum and Assessment Authority (England, UK)
- Second Chance Animal Aid (China)
- Self-Calibrating Antenna Array
- Seminole County Airboat Association (Florida)
- Sickle Cell Association of Austin (Texas)
- Soc.Culture.Asian.American (newsgroup)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other researchers have detected similar deposits in the brain cells of people with spinocerebellar ataxia type 3 (SCA3), another neurodegenerative disease.