According to an article in Spiegel Online yesterday, Christoph Schwennicke editor-in-chief of the German political magazine Cicero, they would not.
What does SPON stand for?
SPON stands for Spiegel Online (German magazine)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SPON
- Service and Parts Operations Manager (automotive)
- SharePoint Object Model (Microsoft)
- Skate Park of Memphis (Tennessee)
- Stanford Peace of Mind (Stanford University; Palo Alto, CA)
- Suspended Particulate Organic Material
- Serpulina Pilosicoli Outer Membrane Antigens
- Selective Prepositioning Of Materiel Configured to Unit Sets
- Symmetric Phase-Only Matched Filter
- Single Parents of Middle Georgia
- Secure Passive Optical Network (various companies)
- Stop Polluting Our Newport (Newport Beach, CA)
- Sulfur, Phosphorus, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon, Hydrogen (key elements that compose living things)
- Secretariat Permanent des Organisations Non Gouvernementales (Burkina Faso)
- Smart People Object to Nonexistent Gods
- Society for the Prevention of Negros Getting Everything (1960s era anti-civil rights organization)
- Sober Person Offering Newcomers Suggestions on Recovery (AA)
- Small Property Owners of New York
- Society for the Protection of Old Fishes
- Structure and Parity-Observing Output Function (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Spiegel Online, after talks with representatives of the American Jewish Committee and security experts, German Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich said he favored banning the group in Europe.
html) Spiegel Online quoted anonymous monsignors who questioned the pope's leadership, even wondering if the idea of the monarchy was still workable in the 21st century.
Several Salafists wearing turbans suddenly jumped over the cordon and threw stones at police officers and also hit them with flagpoles," the Spiegel Online quoted police spokeswoman Anja Meis, as saying.
The report, published by Spiegel Online on Monday, discloses violent measures by the anti-government armed groups, laying bare the other side of the unrest in the Middle Eastern country.
Spiegel (2005b) 'Heuschrecken-Vergleich: Lafontaine giftet wieder gegen Parteifreunde', Spiegel Online 22.
Summary: Israel's Mossad secret service was responsible for the assassination last month of an Iranian scientist in Tehran, Germany's Spiegel Online news website reported this week.
This hype has been created by the West, Dr Qadeer said in an interview with German paper SPIEGEL ONLINE He said that right from the early 1980s on, the army put a fully fail-safe mechanism in place, which was subsequently improved upon by successive army chiefs.