Gilenya is the first oral therapy approved to treat relapsing forms of MS and the first in a new class of compounds called sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor (S1PR) modulators.
What does S1P stand for?
S1P stands for Sphingosine 1-Phosphate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of S1P
- Sabine 10-Bit Text System (file extension)
- September 11 (protest organization)
- Super 16mm
- Strain 19 (vaccine)
- Subfragment 1 Isoenzyme A2
- SunOne Application Server
- Surfaced One Edge (lumber)
- Site-1 Protease
- SPH 1-Phosphate
- Regimental Personnel Officer/ Intelligence Officer
- Surfaced One Side (lumber)
- Surfaced One Side and Centre Matched (lumber)
- Surfaced One Side, One Edge (lumber)
- Surfaced One Side, Two Edges (lumber)
- Schirmer - test
- Security of the First World (gaming clan)
- Westinghouse Submarine Nuclear Plant (Design 1)
- Intel Office (USMC)
- Intelligence Officer (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gilenya is a sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor modulator, which reduces the frequency of clinical exacerbations and delays the accumulation of physical disability.
By the fourth mating trial, just 1 mouse not protected by sphingosine 1-phosphate was able to bear a litter, compared with 6 of the protected mice.
Fingolimod is a sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor (SlPR) modulator manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
The studies revealed that the patient's CD4 T cells did not move out of her lymph nodes as they would in a normal immune system because her body created antibodies to one type of sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) receptor.