17 Kyodo The operation of the cooling systems for the spent nuclear fuel storage facilities at the Fukushima Daiichi and Fukushima Daini nuclear power plants temporarily came to a halt Tuesday afternoon due to power transmission trouble, their operator Tokyo Electric Power Co.
What does SNFS stand for?
SNFS stands for Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SNFS
We have 7 other meanings of SNFS in our Acronym Attic
- Special Notice for Repairs
- Superficial Nephron Glomerular Filtration Rate (also seen as SNGFR)
- Syndicat National des Fabricants de Ressorts (French: National Union of Manufacturers of Springs)
- Synthetic Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- School Night for Scouting (recruiting opportunity for the Boy Scouts of America)
- Seaman Food Service Specialist (US Coast Guard chef)
- Secure Network File System (Unix client-server technology)
- Serverless Network File System
- Sign and Forward System
- Special Number Field Sieve
- Stornext File System (ADIC)
- Student Naval Flight Surgeon
- Support Network for the Aldehyde and Solvent Affected
- Structural Nested Failure Time Model
- Scottish National Farmers' Union (UK)
- Situation Normal Fouled Up (polite form)
- Society Not For Us
- Society, No Freaking Use (polite form)
- Scanning Near-Field Ultrasound Holography (Northwestern University, Evanston, IL)
- Scottish National Federation for the Welfare of the Blind (est. 1911; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new dry spent nuclear fuel storage facility was officially launched at Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP by the country's PM, Boyko Borisov, and Economy and Energy Minister, Traicho Traikov.
technology to diversify its nuclear fuel supply and create a spent nuclear fuel storage facility.
TEPCO's plant workers, Self-Defense Forces personnel and firefighters are working painstakingly to restore power supply at the plant and spray water into damaged spent nuclear fuel storage pools while taking great care about the amount of radiation they are exposed to.
and errors in the design of a spent nuclear fuel storage pool there.