They review the physical and social environments in which drug injecting first became common in Scottish housing schemes and look at how drug treatment practices have developed in response to drug injection, taking note of the creation of needle exchanges, the use of substitute prescribing, and the provision of specialized treatment services.
What does STS stand for?
STS stands for Specialized Treatment Service
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STS
We have 711 other meanings of STS in our Acronym Attic
- Southern Transmission Systems
- Space Tourism Society
- Space Transportation System
- Space-Time Spreading (CDMA transmission)
- Special Tactical Services
- Special Tactics Squadron
- Special Thematic Sessions
- Special Transportation Service
- Special Travel Service
- Specialized Turbine Services
- Specialty Training Standard
- Speech to Speech (phone service for people with a speech disability)
- Speed Trim System (flight)
- Spital Thun Simmental (Swiss hospital)
- Spoke Too Soon
- Sport Touring Sedan (Cadillac)
- Sports Training System
- Spring Tool Suite (software)
- Spring Training Series (cycling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the study, we must: 1) increase prevention and early intervention services that help keep children and families out of crisis; 2) increase specialized treatment services for those children and families that do experience crisis; 3) increase services to support families after a crisis has stabilized (including birth families, as well as kinship and adoptive families created when parents are unable to care for their children) 4) enhance the quality of the workforce providing services to children and families; and 5) improve accountability both for dollars spent and outcomes achieved.