The special weapons observation reconnaissance detection system, SWORDS, is a combination of two commercial-off-the-shelf items, the Talon IIIB robot and a standard M249 machine gun.
What does SWORDS stand for?
SWORDS stands for Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Detection System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SWORDS
We have 1 other meaning of SWORDS in our Acronym Attic
- Special Warfare Operations & Recon Detachment
- Special Warfare Operations Rapid Deployment
- Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Detection (US Army)
- Stock Warrant Off-Balance-Sheet Research and Development
- Subjective Workload Dominance (Technique)
- Submarine Warfare Operations Research Division
- Surveillance & Warning Obstacle Ranging & Display
- Surveillance of Work-related and Occupational Respiratory Disease
- System for Worldwide Operational Route Data (air traffic control)
- Soldier Warfighter Operationally Responsive Deployer for Space
- STD World of Resources Network
- South Western Ontario Regional Parliament
- Southwest Oregon Research Project
- Sword of War and Peace (gaming)
- Social Work Office of Research and Public Service (Nashville, TN)
- Sensible World of Soccer (soccer management game)
- South West Open Studios (UK; arts promotion and development)
- Special Weapons and Operations Section (aka Special Weapons and Operations Squad; now State Protection Group; New South Wales, Australia)
- Standard Warehouse Operating System
- Stichting Welzijn Ouderen Soest (Dutch: Elderly Welfare Foundation Soest; Soest, Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One such system, the Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Detection System, or SWORDS, will be joining Stryker Brigade Soldiers in Iraq after final testing, said Army Staff Sgt.
You can call it the Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Detection System (SWORDS, for short).