The National Security Guard (NSG) is a special response unit that has primarily been utilized for counter-terrorism activities.
What does SRU stand for?
SRU stands for Special Response Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of SRU
We have 86 other meanings of SRU in our Acronym Attic
- Silver Recovery Unit
- Singapore Rugby Union
- Slip Ring Unit (electrical engineering)
- Slippery Rock University (Pennsylvania)
- Society for Reaching the Unreached (India)
- Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound
- Soil Remediation Unit
- Solidarité et Renouvellement Urbain (French: Solidarity and Urban Renewal; French government act)
- Space Replaceable Unit (US NASA)
- Special Rescue Unit (Bureau of Fire Protection; Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Liz was recruited to the Red Cross again in 2005 when the Foreign and Commonwealth Office created a special response unit to help local consulate teams in times of disaster.
Fire engines, including a special response unit, were on standby nearby if police needed help with digging.
Two fire engines and a special response unit with cutting gear were called to the scene.
Mitchell was arrested by the Special Response Unit as he tried to rob a jeweller.