One of the problems is we don't have a good definition for what constitutes a special purpose entity.
What does SPE stand for?
SPE stands for Special Purpose Entity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SPE
We have 234 other meanings of SPE in our Acronym Attic
- Solid Phase Epitaxy
- Solid Phase Extraction
- Solid Polymer Electrolyte
- SONET Payload Envelope
- Sony Pictures Employment
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Sophisticated Paint Endorsement (American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc.)
- South Pit Extension (Project; Australia)
- Soy Phytoestrogen
- Spacecraft Power Electronics
- Special Purpose Equipment
- Spherical Probable Error
- Startup Phase Error
- Static Phase Error (US NASA)
- Storage Processor Enclosure
- Stored Program Element (USAF SACCS 465L EDTCC)
- Strategic Planning and Evaluation (US FEMA)
- Streptococcal Pyrogenic Exotoxin
- Subgame Perfect Equilibrium (game theory)
- Submassive Pulmonary Embolism
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the event the owner of the special purpose entity goes into bankruptcy on unrelated debt, the lenders hope the separate entity will not come within the bankruptcy court's jurisdiction.
Either the transferee has the right to pledge or exchange the transferred assets, or the transferee is a qualifying special purpose entity.