Mr Cowell pointed out there are a number of heritage sites near the site including Ince Blundell hall and park, Sefton church, 430 listed buildings, the Sefton coast site of special scientific interest and the Alt estuary special protection area.
What does SPA stand for?
SPA stands for Special Protection Area
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPA
We have 753 other meanings of SPA in our Acronym Attic
- Special Planning Area (planning and development)
- Special Post Allowance
- Special Power of Attorney
- Special Powers Act
- Special Price Approval
- Special Pricing Agreement
- Special Programme on AIDS (now Global Programme on AIDS)
- Special Project Assignments
- Special Project Authorization
- Special Prorate Agreement (airlines fares agreement)
- Special Protocol Assessment
- Special Purchase Allowance
- Special Purpose Access
- Special Purpose Adapter
- Special Purpose Aircraft
- Specialist, Physical Training Instructor (US Navy)
- Specially Protected Area (under Antarctic Treaty)
- Specialty Professional Association (education)
- Specific Plan Amendment (various locations)
- Specific Poll Address (SS7)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Coquet Island is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Special Protection Area because of its international importance as home to the tern colony.
The Lake -- which is part of the special protection area - could be used for environmental education among pupils too, said Apostolidou.
RSPB Cymru is calling for the Welsh Government to extend protection offered by European-led Special Protection Areas (SPA) to feeding areas for seabirds in an attempt to stem the problem.
Because it's a tidal river, significant amounts of sewage would have gone into the special protection area and God only knows what damage that has done.
html" target="_blank">Surfbirds News The Bulgarian government has confirmed Special Protection Area extensions for four key Important Bird Areas in Bulgaria.
It is a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and a special protection area under the EC Conservation of Wild Birds directive.