The police, during an operation named 'Hot', launched by Ganjam District Volunteer Force (DVF), Special Operations Group (SOG) and the 127th battalion of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) destroyed the Maoist camp.
What does SOGP stand for?
SOGP stands for Special Operations Group
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SOGP
We have 1 other meaning of SOGP in our Acronym Attic
- Sociedade de Gestao Integrada de Recursos
- Spin-On-Glass Image Reversal
- Senior Officials' Group for Information Technology Standardization
- Stichting Oude Groninger Kerken (Dutch: Foundation of Old Groninger Churches)
- South Oman Gas Line (Petroleum Development Oman)
- System Operation Guideline (various locations)
- Southern Ontario Gay and Lesbian Association of Doctors (Canada)
- Student Organization for Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals (Colorado State University)
- Scandinavian Oil Gas Magazine (Oslo, Norway)
- Stichting Organisatie Gescheiden Mensen (Dutch: Divorced People Foundation Organization)
- Standard of Good Practice (est. 1996; information security)
- Science of Getting Rich
- State of Good Repair
- SOciete GRenobloise d'Etudes et d'Application Hydrauliques
- Science Operations Ground Station (Hubble Space Telescope)
- Science Operations Ground System
- Society of Geography Students
- Society of Graduate Students (University of Western Ontario; London, Ontario, Canada)
- South Oaks Gambling Scale
- Southern Oaks Girls School (Union Grove, WI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to police sources, Bashir Ahmad Mir was arrested by the special operations group in Srinagar on Thursday after they recovered a diary from one of the two slain militants in which Mir's phone number was listed.
This is the handiwork of a group of students of Basit Usman of the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the Jemaah Islamiyah," said Lieutenant-Colonel Prudencio Asto, regional Army spokesman.
According to the reports, the encounter was initiated by the militants by opening fire at a search party of special operations group of local police and other security troops.
The attack comes two days after Maoists triggered a landmine blast in Koraput district of the coastal state of Orissa, killing 11 security personnel of the elite anti-Maoist Special Operations Group.
He said Dalungan is a member of the MILF's special operations group blamed for the 2007 bombings in Kidapawan that killed and wounded several civilians.