Embassy) NIDA National Institute of Drug Abuse OAS Organization of American States OAS/CICAD Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission ONDCP Office of National Drug Control Policy SELEC Southern European Law Enforcement Center SIU Special Investigative Unit SOCA (UK) Serious Organised Crime Agency SOUTHCOM U.
What does SIU stand for?
SIU stands for Special Investigative Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIU
We have 72 other meanings of SIU in our Acronym Attic
- Significant Industrial User
- Simulation Interface Unit (US DoD)
- Sinyal Isleme, Iletisim Ve Uygulamalari Kurultayi (Turkish)
- Slide in Unit
- Societá Italiana di Urologia
- Société d'Imagerie Ultrasonore (French: Ultrasonic Imaging Society)
- Société Internationale d'Urologie (French: International Society of Urology)
- Southern Illinois University
- Southern Insurance Underwriters, Inc. (Georgia and Florida)
- Special Investigations Unit
- Special Investigative University (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Storage Interface Unit
- Stores Interface Unit
- Subsystem Interface Unit
- Suck It Up!
- Sudan International University (Khartoum, Sudan; est. 1990)
- Synchronization Interval Unit
- System Integration Unit
- System Interface Unit
- Système Intra-Utérin (French: Intrauterine System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE Special Investigative Unit (SIU) has launched inquiries into five cases over the past two months before taking required legal action.
The special investigative unit of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office jointly conducted the search with Tokyo's Metropolitan Police Department and the Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission in a bid to build a case by March against former executives of the company, which covered up 117.
He should have instructed the special investigative unit to further look into the prosecutor's conduct.
Federal police, including a special investigative unit, later took over security in the city as part of a new strategy announced by President Felipe Calderon.
SSP Special Investigative Unit (SIU) Karachi Raja Umar Khitab disclosed that terrorist groups, before focusing on Punjab, had "rattled" Karachi with their activities, as the provincial metropolis acted as a gateway for them, especially for foreign and local militants.