The US Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR) surveyed officers and officials associated with the Commander s Emergency Response Programme (CERP), a fund used by US military officers for projects to boost rebuilding in their areas of responsibility.
What does SIGIR stand for?
SIGIR stands for Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIGIR
We have 3 other meanings of SIGIR in our Acronym Attic
- Students Improving Global Health Together (University of Texas Medical Branch; Galveston, TX)
- Saskatchewan Infrastructure Growth Initiative (Canada)
- Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (various locations)
- Sisterhood Is Global Institute
- Space Integrated GPS/INS (Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System; Honeywell International)
- System for Interactive Guidance and Information
- Special Interest Group on Individual Computing Environments (ACM)
- Signals Intelligence
- Signal Intelligence Communications
- Signal Input Processing System
- Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval (Association for Computing Machinery)
- Scanning Infrared Gas Imaging System (remote sensing)
- Special Interest Group for IIAS (Inventory Information Approval System) Standards (San Ramon, CA)
- Strategies of Inclusion: Gender and the Information Society (study)
- Special Interest Group in Software Testing (British)
- Special Interest Group for Information Technology Education (ACM; formerly Society for Information Technology Education)
- Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (Association for Computing Machinery)
- Salon International Gay, Lesbian and Friendly (Paris, France event)
- Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Licensing (now Indigenous Gaming Regulators; Canada)
- Siglo Ng Paglaya
Samples in periodicals archive:
Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR).
22 by Wikileaks were followed by report from the US Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction out on Oct.
An audit by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction offered new evidence of the disarray which has historically troubled US rebuilding efforts in this country.
The report by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction accused the Defense Department of lax oversight and weak controls, though not fraud.
The report, by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, blamed "weaknesses in DoD's the Department of Defense's financial and management controls" and called on the Pentagon to improve its financial and management controls.