Police yesterday combed the rugged terrain using helicopters, dogs, the Troop B Community Action Team, the Special Emergency Response Team and troopers assigned to the Lee Barracks.
What does SERT stand for?
SERT stands for Special Emergency Response Team
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SERT
We have 33 other meanings of SERT in our Acronym Attic
- Serotonin Transporter
- Server Efficiency Rating Tool
- Sheriff's Emergency Response Team
- SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) Emergency Response Team
- Societe d'Etudes et de Realisations Techniques (French)
- Software Engineering Research and Technology
- Space Electric Rocket Test
- Space Electrochemical Research and Technology
- Space Exploration and Research Team (UK)
- Special Education Resource Teacher (Canada)
- Special Equestrian Riding Therapy
- Special Event Response Team (various organizations)
- Spinning Satellite for Electric Rocket Test
- SSP (Space Solar Power) Exploratory Research and Technology
- State Emergency Response Team
- Student Emergency Response Team
- Seabee Engineering Reconnaissance Team/Tactical Movement Team
- New Bedford-Southeastern Regional Transit Authority (New Bedford, MA)
- South East Regional Tourism Authority (Ireland)
- South East Regional Technical Advisory Body for Waste (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The men, five from the Special Emergency Response Team and one from the Tactical Crime Squad, are expected to return to their normal roles within a month.
A decision on whether they are suitable to return to the special emergency response team is expected in the coming weeks," the Daily Telegraph quoted the statement as reading.
In 1996, he began his career as a correction officer at the Worcester County Sheriff's Department, where he worked in both the maximum security and lockdown units and was a member of the special emergency response team.