The Ascent Trust aims to give leadership support for headteachers, deputies and special educational needs coordinators (SENCOs) in teaching and learning.
What does SENCO stand for?
SENCO stands for Special Educational Needs Coordinator (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Software Experiment in the NC production environment
- South East Neighbourhood Centre (Eastlakes, New South Wales, Australia)
- Special Educational Needs Consultant
- System Electronic Navigation Chart
- Southeastern North Carolina Radio Reading Service
- Sensor Calibration Laboratory
- Servicio Autonomo Nacional de Normalizacion, Calidad, Metrologia y Reglamentos Tecnicos (Spanish)
- Social-Economic-Natural Complex Ecosystems
- Strait East Nova Community Enterprise Network (Canada)
- Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities
- Smart Environment for Network Control, Monitoring and Management
- société en nom collectif à responsabilité limitée (professional services firms)
- Search Engine for NAL (National Aerospace Laboratory) Database (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)
- Simple, Effective, Necessary, Done (successful email)
- Southeast Neighborhood Development
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (First Tier Tribunal; Education Act of 1993; Darlington, UK)
- Standard for Exchange of Nonclinical Data
- Stolen Equipment National Database (UK)
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Act (UK)
- Secure Electronic Net Document Delivery
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Hardcover LC3986 Presenting material in a UK context, this book/CD-ROM is designed for Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs) working with providers of care for children from birth to age 7.
Members of North Wales Police visited Flint High School after special educational needs coordinator Lyn Edwards got the mail on the eve of a grievance hearing at the Local Education Authority.
At this stage, it is the responsibility of the teacher to inform the Special Educational Needs coordinator, who registers the child's special needs.
She has shown a real commitment by being our KS1 ICT coordinator, then our special educational needs coordinator on top of her role as a year two teacher.
Middle leaders in primary and secondary schools, established subject or special educational needs coordinators, can take advantage of the Leaders from the Middle programme.
95 Hardcover LC3986 In the UK, Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs) work everywhere from a standard nursery school or class with to a small village play group, a day nursery caring for children from birth to four or five years, or in a setting with an individual child.