For the first time, a group of researchers led by Riccardo Poli, a computer science professor at the University of Essex, have used a brain-computer interface (BCI) to control a spacecraft simulator - although in a highly simplified environment, the Discovery News reported.
What does SSIM stand for?
SSIM stands for Spacecraft Simulator (NASA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSIM
We have 9 other meanings of SSIM in our Acronym Attic
- Step Sister-in-Law
- System Subsystem Interface List
- Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas
- South Saskatchewan Independent Living Centre (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Southampton Sheffield Iterative Learning Control (UK)
- Solid State Instrument Landing System
- Sandy Springs Internal Medicine (est. 1954; Atlanta, GA)
- Secret Sauce Intake Manifold
- Service de Sécurité Incendie de Montréal (Montreal's Fire Prevention Service)
- South Sudan Independent Movement
- Standard Schedules Information Manual (IATA)
- Statistical, Sampling Inventory Method
- Structural Similarity Index
- Symantec Security Information Manager (software)
- Single Single Inline Memory Module
- Standard Slit Interdigital Micro Mixer
- Small Scale Irrigation Management Project (Indonesia)
- Soldier Sailor Interface Management Program Local Remote
- Safeguards and Security Information Management System (US DOE)
- Silver Spring International Middle School (Silver Spring, MD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the astronaut facilities planned are a centrifuge and spacecraft simulator.