NO's Space Weather Prediction Center is the United States Government official source for space weather forecasts, alerts, watches and warnings.
What does SWPC stand for?
SWPC stands for Space Weather Prediction Center (NOAA; Boulder, CO)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SWPC
We have 5 other meanings of SWPC in our Acronym Attic
- School Wide Positive Behaviour
- Side-Worked Pre Bake (electrolysis cell)
- South Wales Probation Board (UK)
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Support
- Secondary Wood Products Consortium
- Short Wing Piper Club
- Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation
- Smaller War Plants Corporation (USA)
- Southwestern Pet Collars (Phoenix, AZ)
- Surface Water Protection Criteria
- Southern Water Pollution Control Facility (Stafford, NJ)
- South Warwickshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- South Wiltshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust
- Solid Waste Processing Division (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Scott Wilson Pavement Engineering Ltd (UK)
- Socialist Workers Party England (UK)
- South West Parcel Express (Australia)
- South West Provincial Employers
Samples in periodicals archive:
The solar flare is expected to reach Earth on Saturday and will cause the display of the Northern Lights visible over northern US regions, according to predictions by Nasa and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Space Weather Prediction Center (NOAA - SWPC).
A panel coordinated through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Space Weather Prediction Center estimates that the last solar cycle ended in December 2008.
If all you use GPS for is to drive to Grandma's house, it probably isn't going to matter much to you," noted Doug Biesecker of Space Weather Prediction Center.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) space weather prediction center expects the flare to cause G1 (minor) to G2 (moderate) levels of geomagnetic storm activity Wednesday, beginning around 1800 UTC (1 pm EST) with the passage of a fast CME.
It would be a very bad day for us if that spacecraft was not working," the Discovery News quoted William Murtagh, program coordinator for NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center in Boulder, Colo.
NOAA space weather prediction center issued a 3-day solar-geophysical forecast on August 9 at 10:00 pm UTC, when solar activity is expected to be very low.