Bob Twiggs, director of Stanford University's Space Systems Development Laboratory, invented the CubeSat as a way to help doctoral students take a satellite project from concept through launch in less than a year.
What does SSDL stand for?
SSDL stands for Space Systems Development Laboratory (Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics; Stanford University)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SSDL
We have 29 other meanings of SSDL in our Acronym Attic
- Spacecraft Systems Development and Integration Facility (NASA)
- Server Software Development Kit
- Solution Software Developer Kit (Symantec)
- Secondary Standards Dosimetry Laboratory (network)
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle (Microsoft)
- Single-Side, Dual-Layer (digital versatile disc)
- Small Secure Data Link (software; radio application)
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) Service Description Language (web services)
- Solid State Dye Laser
- Space Systems Design Lab
- Simultaneous Static and Dynamic Light Scattering
- Solid State and Diode Laser Technology Review (conference)
- International Symposium on Semiconductor Devices and Materials
- Screen Space Displacement Mapping (imaging)
- Seabed Survey Data Model (geographic information system)
- Segment Security Data Manager
- Short Stick Defensive Midfielder (lacrosse)
- Sibilo Software Development Model
- Soft System Dynamics Methodology
- Solid State Devices and Materials (conference; Japan)