[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] AN/FPS-133: Air Force Space Surveillance System (AFSSS) Unit location: Det.
What does SPASUR stand for?
SPASUR stands for Space Surveillance System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Spacecraft Simulator
- Sane People Against Sailor Moon (anti-Sailor Moon organization)
- Scalable Parallel Short-Range Molecular Dynamics (molecular-dynamics analysis software)
- Single Pass Assembler (IBM mainframe assembler)
- Sketch Planning Analysis Spreadsheet Model
- Société Parisienne d'Aide à la Santé Mentale (French: Parisian Society of Mental Health Assistance; est. 1959)
- Society for the Prevention of Asinine Student Movements
- Subscriber Parameter Administration Security Mechanism
- System Performance & Activity Software Monitor
- St. Petersburg Association of Scientists and Scholars (est. 1989; Russia)
- Spatial Stochastic Models for Wireless Networks (workshop)
- Self-Propelled Acoustic Target
- Self-Propelled Anti-Tank
- Shellfish Promotion and Tasting (Wellfleet, Massachusetts)
- Signal Phase and Timing (traffic control)
- Single Parents Alone Together (movie/book)
- Small Projects Assistance Team
- Software Process Action Team
- Speech Pronunciation Analysis Training
- Sports and Physical Aptitude Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air Force Space Surveillance The IBM SP supercomputer is the electronic brain that supports the Air Force's Maui Space Surveillance System (MSSS).
The IBM SP supercomputer is the electronic brain that supports the Air Force's Maui Space Surveillance System (MSSS).
The command develops, acquires, fields and sustains the Air Force Satellite Control Network, Upgraded Early Warning Radar System, Defense Satellite Communications System, Wideband Global SATCOM Satellite, Defense Support Program, Space Based Infrared Systems, Global Positioning System, Milstar, Advanced Extremely High Frequency Satellite, Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System, PAVE Phased Array Warning System radar, Delta IV and Atlas V.