00 ISBN: 0-87703-546-6 The Space Shuttle Main Engine (SSME) is arguably the most ambitious, most successful liquid rocket engine program in history.
What does SSME stand for?
SSME stands for Space Shuttle Main Engine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSME
We have 12 other meanings of SSME in our Acronym Attic
- Society of the Slovak Medical Doctors
- South Seabrook Marine District (Texas)
- Swiss Small and MidCap Day
- Space Station Multiplexer/Demultiplexer
- Solid-State Mission Data Recorder
- Service Science, Management, Engineering
- Siemens Shanghai Medical Equipment Ltd. (China)
- Smooth Streaming Media Element (computer application programming interface)
- Society for the Study of Medical Ethics
- Society for the Study of Muslim Ethics (est. 2009)
- Split Symbol Moments Estimator
- Spread-Spectrum Modulation Equipment
- Sulu-Sulawesi Marine Ecoregion (Malaysia)
- Sustainable Small and Medium Enterprise
- Ship Structure and Machinery Evaluation Board
- Space Shuttle Main Engine Controller
- Service Science, Management Engineering and Design
- Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation (Canada)
- Systems Support Module Equipment Section
- Sewanee Summer Music Festival (Sewanee, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
com Three Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Space Shuttle Main Engines successfully boosted the final set of solar arrays to the International Space Station onboard Space Shuttle Discovery today.
Because of 17 cast metal components in the Space Shuttle Main Engine (SSME), NASA capitalized on a better performing, safer engine, as well as a substantial reduction in total costs.
The space shuttle main engines use computer equipment so primitive it wouldn't be allowed on any self-respecting teenager's desk.