His first two shuttle missions--Space Transportation System (STS) 59 and 68, launched in April and September 1994, respectively--utilized his unique academic background with the Space Radar Laboratory, which mapped Earth's surface while it remained in the shuttle's large cargo bay.
What does SRL stand for?
SRL stands for Space Radar Laboratory
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SRL
We have 194 other meanings of SRL in our Acronym Attic
- Social Research Laboratory (Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ)
- Socially Responsible Leadership
- Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada (Spanish company designation)
- Società a Responsabilità Limitata (Italian: limited company)
- Societate cu Responsabilitate Limitata (Romanian: Limited Company)
- Software Release Letter
- Software Reuse Library
- Soil Remediation Level (Arizona)
- Soldat Realistic League (gaming)
- Sound Reference Laboratory (Orlando, Florida)
- Spacecraft Reference Line
- Special Recovery Line
- Spokane Research Laboratory (CDC/NIOSH)
- St Rose of Lima (Newark, NJ)
- Standard Runtime Library (software)
- State Revolving Loan (various organizations)
- Statistical Relational Learning
- Statistical Remaining Lifetime
- Strangeways Research Laboratory
- Structured Return Loss (Cat 5 UTP)
Samples in periodicals archive:
August: A second launch of the Space Radar Laboratory will enable researchers to monitor changes in Earth's atmosphere and surface at a different season (see April).