The aim is to develop ultimately a Major Command that stands alongside Air Force Space Command and Air Combat Command as the providers of forces on whom the President, Combatant Commanders and the American people can rely for preserving freedom of access and commerce in Air, Space, and, now, Cyberspace.
What does SPACOM stand for?
SPACOM stands for Space Command
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPACOM
- Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex Services (UK)
- National Space Surveillance Control Center
- Short Message Service, Paging, and Access Response Channel
- Society for the Preservation of Afghanistan's Cultural Heritage (est. 1994; Kabul, Afghanistan)
- Solid-Phase Antibody Capture Hemadsorption (microbiology)
- South Pacific Action Committee on Human Ecology and the Environment
- Southern Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructures (Italy)
- Signal Processing and Coding Laboratory (University of Arizona)
- South Pacific Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies
- Strategy for Poverty Alleviation Coordinating Office (Gambia)
- Spare Part and Component Company LLC
- Space Control
- State Parks and Cultural Resources (Wyoming)
- Single-Photon-Added Coherent State (physics)
- Stevens Point Area Catholic Schools
- Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Scratch Pad Memory
- Seaway Port Authority of Duluth (Duluth, MN)
- Service Platform Application Development (Sprint)
- Signal Passed At Danger
Samples in periodicals archive:
And then, in the fall of 1956, the Zenith Space Command 400 made its debut.
1) Air Force Space Command is on a path today that takes these words of wisdom to heart.
The same might be said for missions to pseudo-Mars by young explorers commanding a station at the Franklin Institute Science Museum's Space Command exhibit.
Nasdaq: SINT), an information technology and network solutions (IT) company, announced recently that it has been awarded a contract to provide command and control (C2) modernization engineering and technical services support to North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) for defining, developing, fielding, testing, and sustaining their next generation Combatant Commander's Integrated Command and Control System (CCIC2S).