Williams, along with CHPRRU agronomist Paul Buckley, tested 20 single-cross corn hybrids in laboratory bioassays: Larvae of both fall armyworm and southwestern corn borer weighed significantly less when fed the ARS-developed corn leaf tissue than when fed the susceptible hybrids.
What does SWCB stand for?
SWCB stands for Southwestern Corn Borer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SWCB
We have 2 other meanings of SWCB in our Acronym Attic
- Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (Idaho)
- Southwest Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies
- Southwest Conference on Asian Studies
- Southwest Center Against Sexual Assault
- Second Winds Community Band (McMinville, OR)
- Sequoia Winds Community Band (Visalia, CA)
- Shanghai Water Conservation Bureau
- Software Control Board
- Soil and Water Conservation Board (various locations)
- Soil and Water Conservation Bureau (various locations)
- Southwest Chinese Baptist Church (Houston, TX, USA)
- Southwest Center for Biological Diversity (Tucson, AZ)
- Saline Water Conversion Corporation (Saudi Arabia)
- Scottsdale Window Cleaning Company (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Second World Climate Conference
- Sheung Wan Civic Centre (Hong Kong)
- Signal Warfare Control Center
- Small Wind Certification Corporation
- Social Work Constituency Council
- Socialism with Chinese Characteristics
Samples in periodicals archive:
The final chapter (11) takes a detailed look at a rearing production system for the southwestern corn borer, Diatraea grandiosella Dyar (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) at Mississippi State Univ.
Southwestern corn borer does not occur in the coastal plain region of the southeastern United States but is present in northwestern Georgia and northern Alabama where it can cause economic damage (Buntin 2007).
Phone: 317/337-7131; Indianapolis, IN DOW AGROSCIENCES (TRAITS LICENSING BUSINESS) What's hot: Herculex Insect Protection available for 2003--protection against black cutworm, Southwestern corn borer, fall armyworm, and European corn borer.
Relative concentration of CrylA in maize leaves and cotton bolls with diverse chlorophyll content and corresponding larval development of fall armyworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) and southwestern corn borer (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) on maize whorl leaf profiles.