Highlights among these include: Chair of the lymphoma committee of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) from 1985-present; deputy group chair of SWOG from 2005-present; and chair of the Lymphoma Research Foundation Scientific Advisory Board from 2008-2010.
What does SWOG stand for?
SWOG stands for Southwest Oncology Group
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SWOG
We have 13 other meanings of SWOG in our Acronym Attic
- Savage World of Fantasy (French zine)
- Scientific Workspaces of the Future
- Small Write Optimized Flash (data storage)
- Surface Water Overland Flow (US EPA)
- Surface Warfare Officer
- Ship with Other Goods
- Small Woodland Owners' Group (UK)
- Social Work Oncology Group (various locations)
- Social Workers Group Nepal
- South Western Ontario Geocachers (Canada)
- Special Weapons Overflight Guide
- Sullivan without Gilbert (opera slang)
- swyddog (Welsh: officer)
- Southwestern Ohio Chapter of Golfaholics Anonymous (Ohio)
- Stichting Welzijn Ouderen Hengelo (Dutch: Elderly Welfare Foundation in Hengelo)
- Stichting Welzijns Ontwikkeling Houten (Dutch: Wood Welfare Development Foundation)
- Stowe Weekend of Hope (Stowe, VT)
- Statewide Office of Human Resources (Alaska)
- South Washington & Oregon Kodály Educators
- Southwest Workforce Investment Board (Oklahoma)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Southwest Oncology Group, a National Cancer Institute (NCI) sponsored organization that conducts clinical trials in adult cancers, has performed a series of clinical trials over the last three decades that evaluated patient survival after androgen deprivation treatment (ADT) for prostate cancer.
Most of their examples come from the Southwest Oncology Group, an organization of researchers the four are associated with.
CuraGen Corporation (Branford, CT) and TopoTarget A/S (Copenhagen, Denmark) said the Southwest Oncology Group (Ann Arbor, MI), a national clinical trials cooperative group, has just opened a Phase II clinical trial to test the effects of a new investigational agent on aggressive B-cell lymphoma.
Crowley is Director of the Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center in Seattle, and Ankerst is a research scientist at the U.
This included two studies done by the Southwest Oncology Group that involved patients with advanced stage D2 prostate cancer and no prior systemic therapy.
Breast cancer treatment trials done by the Southwest Oncology Group during 1975-1995 included more than 2,000 women who were premenopausal and more than 4,000 women who were postmenopausal.
Chemotherapy of malignant fibrous histiocytoma: A Southwest Oncology Group report.