This clinical syndrome is called southern tick-associated rash illness (STARI).
What does STARI stand for?
STARI stands for Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STARI
- Surveillance Technology Advancement & Replacement for Ebsicons
- Survey for Transient Astronomical Radio Emission
- Syndicat des Technicien(ne)s et Artisan(e)s du Réseau Français de Radio-Canada (French)
- Standard Army Financial Inventory Accounting & Reporting System
- Standard Army Financial Inventory Accounting and Reporting System - Modernization
- Society Taking Active Responsibility for International Self Help
- State Tactical Assistance Response Group (NSW rural fire service)
- Sustaining Technical Achievements in Reproductive Health
- Serologic Testing Algorithm for Determining Recent HIV Seroconversion
- Serologic Testing Algorithm for Recent HIV Seroconversion
- Star Annual Index
- SMRT Active Route Map Information System (public transport; SMRT Corporation Ltd.; Singapore)
- Space Telecommunications and Radioscience Laboratory
- Satellite Telemetry and Return Link (NASA)
- Small Tactical Radar
- Space-Time Analysis for Recognition of Line Target Error
- SAR Target Recognition and Location System
- Save The Abra River Movement
- Standard Antiradiation Missile
- Stanford Testbed of Autonomous Rotorcraft for Multi-Agent Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
Southern tick-associated rash illness (STARI), like Lyme, can manifest a bull's-eye rash; but the organism that causes this infection has not yet been identified.
Borrelia lonestari infection is believed to be responsible for a Lyme-like disease that has been designated southern tick-associated rash illness (STARI) (Burkot et al.
maculatum ticks collected in August 1999 near the homes of patients with southern tick-associated rash illness and in control areas in Choctaw County, Alabama, showed Borrelia Ionestari flagellin gene sequence from two adult A.