Power breakfast on omelets and hash browns at locals' favorite Rocky Bay Cafe, then meet the San Juan Islands' most famous summer inhabitants, the up-to-25-foot-long, 12,000-pound southern resident killer whales.
What does SRKW stand for?
SRKW stands for Southern Resident Killer Whales
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Shotokan Ryu Kase Ha Instructor Academy
- Shoryuken Imperial Army (forum)
- Southern Root-Knot Nematode
- Shri Ramdeobaba Kamla Nehru Engineering College (India)
- Shikshit Rojgar Kendra Prabandhak Samiti (India)
- Spine Reliever Knee Rest Pillow (trademark of Jobri LLC; Konawa, OK)
- Shri Radha Krishna Temple (Houston, TX)
- Sivatagi Rohamkukac Team (Hungarian counter-strike clan)
- Souger Rutcha Killing Team (Quake3 clan)
- Sree Radha Krishna Transport Co (India)
- Salazar Resources Limited (Canada)
- Salazar Resources Ltd. (Canada)
- San Ramon Library (San Ramon, CA)
- Saturday Review of Literature (est. 1924)
- Savage River Lodge (Frostburg, MD)
- Savannah River Laboratory (US Department of Energy)
- SCAR Resource Library (programming project)
- Science Research Laboratory, Inc (Somerville, Massachusetts)
- Scottish Rugby League (UK)
- Secure Radio Link
Samples in periodicals archive:
The whales I research are members of a "Distinct Population Segment" (DPS), collectively known as the Southern Resident Killer Whales (SRKW).
The Natural Resources Defense Council, which along with other groups has sued the Navy to restrict its sonar exercises, is especially concerned that the Navy has not taken sufficient steps to protect a pod of 70 endangered southern resident killer whales in Puget Sound.