Old alliances -- such as the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization, the Central Eastern Treaty Organization, and the Australia, New Zealand, United States Security Treaty -- have died or are in the process of dying.
What does SEATO stand for?
SEATO stands for Southeast Asia Treaty Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of SEATO in our Acronym Attic
- South of England Airedale Terrier Club (est. 1935; UK)
- Systems Engineering Applications Technical Committee (San Diego)
- South East Advanced Technological Education Consortium (Tennessee)
- Southeast AIDS Training and Education Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Southeast Asia Telecommunications System
- Southeast Asia Translation and Interrogation Center (New Delhi, India)
- Southern and Eastern African Trade Information and Negotiations Institute
- Southern and Eastern African Trade Information and Negotiations Institution
- Southeast Association of Teachers of Japanese
- Search and Exchange of E-Le@rning Materials (International Workshop)
- Service Expansion and Technical Support (Zimbabwe family planning consortium project)
- Signal Extraction in ARIMA (Auto Regressive Integrated Moving Average) Time Series (software; statistics)
- South East Australian Training Services (Bairnsdale, Victoria, Australia)
- Stock Exchange Alternative Trading System (finance)
- Stock Exchange Automated Trading System (Australia)
- Strategic Emergency Action Telephone System
- South East Asia Table Tennis Association
- Self-Extracting Archive Utility
- Strengthening Electoral Administration in Ukraine Project (US Agency for International Development)
- Sustainable Energy Authority Victoria (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The UN soon created another UN "Regional Arrangement," the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO).
3) Although the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization is defunct, the Manila Pact that created it remains in force and is an essential component of the U.
The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization was designed as a collective defense arrangement under Article 51 of the UN Charter.
The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) was a U.
proposed the revival of multilateral exercises under the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) and MAPHILINDO, a play on the names of Malaysia, the Philippines and Indonesia.
In 1954, led by the United States, eight nations agreed in Manila to create the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO), a carbon copy of the NATO agreement.
Richard Moore, a nuclear expert who wrote the article in the January/February issue of the Bulletin, said the British government justified the deployment in Singapore in the event of a war between the now-defunct Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) member countries and China.