The owner of a coffee roasting business, Maxand is also on the staff of the Juneau-based Southeast Alaska Conservation Council, a nonprofit group that was instrumental in reforming Forest Service timber policies in the Tongass.
What does SEACC stand for?
SEACC stands for Southeast Alaska Conservation Council (Juneau, Alaska)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SEACC
- Sandia Engineering Analysis Code Access System
- Satellite-Enabled Air Collision Avoidance System
- Sea Collision Avoidance System
- Systems Evaluation Approach to Computerized Audit Support
- South East African Combination Anti-Malarial Therapy Evaluation (Mozambique, South Africa and Swaziland)
- Seized Assets and Case Tracking System
- Sea Combined Arms Tactical Trainer
- South East African Climate Consortium (student forum)
- South East Area Consultative Committee
- South East Asian Community Clinic (Chelsea, Massachusetts)
- Southeast Angle Community Corp (Manitoba, Canada)
- Southeast Asian Community Center
- Southeast Asian Community Council (Minnesota)
- Southeast Asian Cultural Collection (Singapore)
- Southeast Augmentative Communication Conference
- SouthEastern Association of Analytical Chemists
- Swiss East Asian Chamber of Commerce (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Software Engineer Advanced Career Education (IBM)
- South East Asian Central Banks (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- South East Asian Conference on Mathematics Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year the Forest Service spent over 35 million dollars of taxpayer money to support less than 200 jobs in the Tongass," said Buck Lindkugel, staff attorney and conservation director for the Southeast Alaska Conservation Council.
Our wild salmon are vital to commercial, sport and subsistence fishermen," agreed Aurah Landau, grassroots organizer at Southeast Alaska Conservation Council.
Litigation by the Southeast Alaska Conservation Council (SEACC), Lynn Canal Conservation and the Juneau group of the Sierra Club threatened to delay or even stop the mine's opening; a recent accident in which a worker was killed closed a portion of the mine for a short time.
Contact: Southeast Alaska Conservation Council, 419 Sixth Street #328, Juneau, AL 99801/(907)586-6942.
Bart Koehler, executive director of the Sierra Club-affiliated Southeast Alaska Conservation Council (SEAC), adds, "Everybody was so totally polarized, they were beating each other up for decades.
Additionally, the Southeast Alaska Conservation Council, which had appealed the former tailings plan, indicated their support for the new proposal.