After a public outcry South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust has called off plans which would have seen wards and clinics axed.
What does SWPCT stand for?
SWPCT stands for South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SWPCT
We have 3 other meanings of SWPCT in our Acronym Attic
- Secondary Wood Products Consortium
- Short Wing Piper Club
- Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation
- Smaller War Plants Corporation (USA)
- Southwestern Pet Collars (Phoenix, AZ)
- Space Weather Prediction Center (NOAA; Boulder, CO)
- Surface Water Protection Criteria
- Southern Water Pollution Control Facility (Stafford, NJ)
- South Warwickshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- South Wiltshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- Solid Waste Processing Division (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Scott Wilson Pavement Engineering Ltd (UK)
- Socialist Workers Party England (UK)
- South West Parcel Express (Australia)
- South West Provincial Employers
- Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent (healthcare; Australia)
- Student Wellness Peer Educator (Tarleton State University; Stephenville, TX)
- Sustainable Water Pollution Engineering (Environmental and Water Resources Institute)
- Salt Waste Processing Facility (nuclear waste treatment)
- Saudi Water & Power Forum (annual conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust, which runs the hospital, plans to close a rehabilitation ward, which serves patients from acute hospitals nationwide, and a stroke unit.
Bosses at South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust said the moves were "unavoidable" after its funding was cut by pounds 13 million by the Department of Heath, which is using the cash to help pay off the national NHS debt of pounds 512 million.
Campaigners and health watchdogs feared the scheme would be axed after South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust revealed it needed to save millions after a Government funding shortfall.
South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust, which runs the hospital, said it needs to make savings.
7 million to develop a 26-bed hospital in Pershore to lease to debt-ridden South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust.
Rachel Bucknall, care director of the hospice, said a partnership with South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust and the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), had improved services for patients.
South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust was expecting to receive pounds 3.