I note a spokesman for EAW said "there was no evidence that water quality was the cause of cockle mortality and a project led by Bangor University with the South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee has recently begun to establish possible causes".
What does SWSFC stand for?
SWSFC stands for South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Star Wars Special Edition
- Star Wars: Saga Edition (game)
- Summer Work Student Exchange
- Semantic Web Science Foundation
- Semantic Web Services Framework (web services enabling mechanism)
- Single-Wavelength Stopped-Flow (biochemistry)
- Southern Water Services Finance Ltd. (UK)
- Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship (UK)
- Still Water Shear Force (ships)
- Subsurface Waste Storage Facility
- Stimulated Whole Salivary Flow Rate
- Social Work Services Group (Scotland, UK)
- Strong Women, Strong Girls (various locations)
- Standardized Weak-Sense Hadamard
- Safe-Waste Systems, Inc. (waste management)
- Semantic Web Services Initiative (academic and industrial research colloquium)
- Single Width Single Inlet (fan)
- Social Work Services Inspectorate (UK)
- Statewide Water Supply Initiative (Colorado)
- Surface Water Supply Index (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee says it would just put locals out of business while doing nothing for wildlife.
But the South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee is backing his case: "It's a one-in-a-million chance of catching a sturgeon in Swansea Bay.
A member of the South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee, Mr Parsons had campaigned on cockle industry issues and had called for more stringent licensing of gatherers.
The Coastguard, Home Office Immigration Department, Health and Safety Executive, South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee and Carmarthenshire County Council have all been involved.
The council's head of public protection, Philip Davies, said, 'We are discussing the cockle mortality with the South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee.
The Countryside Council for Wales has asked South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee to create a new regulation to limit the taking of commercial species from the reserve.
I contacted the South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee to tell them we had caught a sturgeon.