The largest data gaps, for example, are in the deep sea regions of the south Indian Ocean and the South Pacific and in areas which experience difficult sea ice conditions throughout the year in some places, such as in the Weddell Sea," he said.
What does SIO stand for?
SIO stands for South Indian Ocean
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIO
We have 98 other meanings of SIO in our Acronym Attic
- Shanghai Informatization Office
- Ship's Information Officer (US Navy)
- Simultaneous Input Output
- Skidaway Institute of Oceanography
- Slave Input/Output
- Smart Input/Output (part of TEDS from IEEE standard 1451.1)
- Social Improvement Organization
- Social Investment Organization (Canada)
- Societas Internationalis Odonatologica
- SOGS Interface Unit
- Special Information Operations (US DoD)
- Special Intelligence Officer
- Spit It Out
- Sprint Integrated Office
- Stakeholder Involvement Office
- Standard Installation Organization
- State Investment Officer (various locations)
- Status Indication Out of Alignment (SS7)
- Storytelling in Organizations (National Storytelling Network)
- Strategic Initiatives Overview (management)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Move will facilitate disaster management and combating terror threats Mumbai Four Indian warships are on a goodwill visit to several maritime nations of Africa and the South Indian Ocean where they will engage in naval exercises.
Ex-marine Bullimore, 57, has been missing since his 60ft yacht Global Challenger was smashed in the stormy south Indian Ocean three days ago.
The investment banker elaborated: "He saw that Thailand's location between the primary tuna fishing grounds in the South Pacific and the South Indian oceans made his country well-suited for the development of this important and expanding business.
New Delhi, Aug 20 (ANI): The Indian Navy has deployed four Indian warships INS Mysore, Tabar, Ganga and Aditya on a goodwill visit to several maritime nations of Africa and South Indian Ocean.
Mike set sail from Portsmouth, Hampshire, on November 15, 2008 and celebrated his 17th birthday in the South Indian Ocean on March 16.