But that's not what happened when the South Eastern Trains franchise was, temporarily, taken back into public ownership four years ago.
What does SET stand for?
SET stands for South Eastern Trains (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SET
We have 360 other meanings of SET in our Acronym Attic
- Social Events Team (various organizations)
- Social Exchange Theory
- Société d'Equipement de la Touraine (French: Touraine Development Company)
- Société, Environnement, Territoire (French: Company, Environment, Land; laboratory)
- Society of Engineering Technologists
- Software Engineering Technician
- Software Engineering Technology
- Solar Energy Thermionic (JPL program)
- Sony Entertainment Television
- Source Evaluation Team (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two years ago it was reported that the company was one of the main players in acquiring the South Eastern Trains franchise in the UK.
While Go-Ahead has lost the Thameslink franchise to First Group, it is set to run the South Eastern Trains network combined with the Southern service it already operates.
The IKF will include routes on the national rail network currently operated by South Eastern Trains throughout Kent, parts of East Sussex and South East London.
The result of a ballot of workers at South Eastern Trains (SET) will be announced today, but union leaders said they expected a vote in favour of a strike.
They want to see arrangements along the lines of those already successfully applied to South Eastern Trains and brought into the public sector.
The group also won new train advertising contracts with National Express and South Eastern Trains during the period.