South East Wales Transport Alliance, representing 10 councils, says: "Consortia officials, bus user representatives and bus operators remain concerned that the agreed objectives of increased patronage, better services, new vehicles, higher quality, enhanced reliability and a more integrated network do not fit with a 26% reduction in revenue funding, without substantial capital investment to balance these cuts.
What does SEWTA stand for?
SEWTA stands for South East Wales Transport Alliance (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SEWTA
- Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Bowling Green, KY)
- Surrey, East and West Sussex Museum Development Service
- Southeastern Women's Studies Association
- South Eastern Washington Service Center of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Space and Electronic Warfare Simulator
- South East Wales Strategic Planning Group (UK)
- STATISTICA Enterprise Wide SPC System
- Simulator for Electronic Warfare Training
- Space Electronic Warfare Team
- Sony Ericsson Women's Tennis Association (UK)
- Space and Electronic Warfare Tactical Work Station
- Surface and Expeditionary Warfare Training Committee
- Self-Employed Womens' Union (South Africa)
- Statewide Educational Wrap Up Program
- SouthEastern Wisconsin Windows User Group
- Sacred Energy Exchange
- Sentence, Explanation, and Example (advice about writing essays)
- Set X (1802 COSMAC Assembler)
- Sign Extension Unit
- Simple Editor for X
Samples in periodicals archive:
But work will not start on the vital scheme until the Assembly Government or the South East Wales Transport Alliance (Sewta) agrees to fund it.
The South East Wales Transport Alliance (Sewta) has warned that creating such an authority in Cardiff as part of a drive to establish a "city region" based on the capital would not make economic sense.
The Metro concept was also included in the Ministerial statement accompanying the revised National Transport Plan published in December 2011 and in March 2012, the South East Wales Transport Alliance (Sewta) formally adopted the Metro concept.
The South East Wales Transport Alliance (SEWTA) also runs a car-share scheme.
CAPTION(S): * South East Wales Transport Alliance is asking for an extension of rail routes and services PICTURE: Matthew Horwood [umlaut][umlaut]
South East Wales Transport Alliance (Sewta), a consortium of 10 local authorities, planned a feasibility study of electrifying the Valley Lines for tram-trains.
The Cardiff High A-level student has called on the Welsh Assembly Government and the South East Wales Transport Alliance Sewta to rethink their strategy.