The new, state-of-the-art facility located at the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal in Sunset Park will minimize the distance that collection trucks travel between pick-up sites and receiving centers, allow Sims to expand its barge and rail-based transport systems, eliminate over 260,000 vehicle miles traveled annually from City roadways, and create 100 new jobs when the facility is opened, which is expected in December 2011.
What does SBMT stand for?
SBMT stands for South Brooklyn Marine Terminal (New York City, NY)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SBMT
We have 6 other meanings of SBMT in our Acronym Attic
- School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences (various schools)
- South Brandywine Middle School (PA, USA)
- Southwestern Bell Mobile Service
- Spanish Broadcast & Media Services (University of California)
- Spring Branch Middle School (Houston, TX)
- State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping
- Shore Based Maintenance Support Center
- School of Business and Management
- Site-Based Management Team (various locations)
- Society for Biomedical Technology (Bangalore, India)
- St Bedes Mentone Tigers (Australia)
- Successor by Merger to
- Syngeneic Bone Marrow Transplant
- School Bus Manufacturers Technical Council (National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services)
- Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science
- Santa Barbara Macintosh Users Group (Santa Barbara, California)
- State Business Microcomputer Users Group (Atlanta, Georgia state employees group)
- Self-Ballasted Mercury Vapor (lighting)
- Soil Borne Mosaic Virus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sunset Park is currenlty undergoing its own industrial revolution with several major initiatives underway, including the Axis Group's plans to develop South Brooklyn Marine Terminal to handle a mix of cargos.
At the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal (SBMT), the Axis Group plans to operate a 74-acre facility to handle a diverse mix of cargos, and process automobiles for wholesale distribution in the U.
Lieber announced that a lease with the Axis Group has been finalized paving the way for the development of a maritimedependant auto processing and general cargo facility at the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal (SBMT) in Sunset Park.
At the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal, in Sunset Park, we are working with The Axis Group to develop a $40 million automobile processing facility, and Hugo Neu Corporation to develop a $35 million state-of-the art recycling facility where all recycling material will arrive by barge and 75 percent will leave by barge.
to lease and develop a modern automobile-processing facility at the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal (SBMT) in Sunset Park.