Sara Manaugh, an attorney for South Brooklyn Legal Services representing the plaintiffs in the flipping lawsuits, explained that a lawyer plays a crucial role in a one-stop scheme by assuring that the buyer doesn't get independent, sound legal advice that might derail the transaction.
What does SBLS stand for?
SBLS stands for South Brooklyn Legal Services (New York)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SBLS
We have 2 other meanings of SBLS in our Acronym Attic
- Service-Based Local Policy
- Service-based Local Policy (3GPP)
- Simplified Bank Loan Participation Plan
- Small Business Loan Program (various organizations)
- Swindon Borough Local Plan (UK)
- South Bay Labor for Peace and Justice (San Jose, CA)
- South Bedfordshire Local Plan Review (UK)
- Simple Balanced Likelihood Ratio
- Simple Balanced Likelihood Ratio with Cuts
- Small Business Loan Source (Houston, TX)
- Standard Base Level System
- Small Business and Labor Surplus Area
- Society of Biblical Literature: Sources for Biblical Study (book series)
- Society of Biblical Literature Seminar Papers
- Society of Biblical Literature Symposium Series
- School-Based Learning Team
- Separated But Living Together
- Sequential Bilateral Lung Transplantation
- Sponsored by the Letter T (technology blog)
- Sub Lieutenant
Samples in periodicals archive:
But tenants' rights attorney Edward Josephson, director of litigation at South Brooklyn Legal Services, said the specificity of the agreement sets the bar marginally higher for landlord actions.
He's the former director of the Foreclosure Prevention Project at South Brooklyn Legal Services.