Ram had been living in abject poverty and working as a virtual slave in a brick kiln in the northern Indian state of Haryan when activists of the South Asian Coalition on Child Servitude led by Kailash Satyarthi rescued him and his parents two years ago.
What does SACCS stand for?
SACCS stands for South Asian Coalition on Child Servitude
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SACCS
We have 13 other meanings of SACCS in our Acronym Attic
- Staff Action Control and Coordination Portal (web-based tracking database for staff actions used in some Department of Defense)
- Southern African Centre for Collaboration on Peace and Security
- Schedule and Cost Change Request (USACE)
- Southeastern Association for Community College Research
- St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (UK)
- Standardized Approach for Measuring Counterparty Credit Risk (finance)
- SAC Automated Command & Control System (USAF; now the Strategic Automated Command and Control System)
- Sacrewell Crop Station
- Ship(board) Automated Communications Control System
- Socially Active Community Conscious Singles
- South Australian Commission for Catholic Schools
- Statistical Analysis of Combinatorial Chemical Sequences
- Stewart and Associates Counseling Services Inc.
- Strategic Automated Command and Control System (formerly SAC Automated Command & Control System)
- Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society
- Symposium on Automatic Control and Computer Science
- St. Anne Community Consolidated School District #256 (Saint Anne, IL)
- School of Architecture and Community Design
- Senate Appropriations Sub-Committee on Defense
- Social and Character Development (research program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Efforts by Nepali and Indian activists from the Nepal Child Welfare Foundation and the South Asian Coalition on Child Servitude led to the April 2004 rescue of twenty-nine children, mostly girls, from the Great Indian Circus at Palakkad in Kerala, southern India.