It's difficult to gauge how much snow has fallen as we don't really measure snowfall in South Africa but it's more than we have had since 2008," Venetia Phakula, forecaster at the South African Weather Service (SAWS) said.
What does SAWS stand for?
SAWS stands for South African Weather Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAWS
We have 26 other meanings of SAWS in our Acronym Attic
- Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting
- Supra-Annular Aortic Wall Reinforcing Suture
- Surface Acoustic Wave Resonator
- Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Station
- Salla Allahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam (Arabic: May the Blessing and the Peace of Allah be upon him)
- San Antonio Water System (Texas)
- Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme (UK)
- Silent Attack Warning System
- Small Arms Weapons System
- Snowmobile Alliance of Western States (Renton, Washington)
- Spaceborne Advanced Warning System
- Squad Automatic Weapon System
- Staff Agent Workstation (insurance)
- Stand Alone Weather Sensors
- Status Already in Working State (Alcatel)
- Submarine Acoustic Warfare System
- Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring
- Sun Air Water Soil
- Surface Acoustic Wave Sensor
- Surveillance And Warning System
Samples in periodicals archive:
A network of 6 solar UVR monitoring stations in SA, managed by the South African Weather Service, provide hope that awareness may be expanded and that stations will provide validated, locally derived information daily concerning the UV Index.
Among her plethora of career achievements, she has also served on the boards of the South African Weather Services (SAWS), as Chairperson of the HR and Remuneration Committee, as a member of the Sandton Tourism Association (STA), and as a Director on the Board of South African Tourism.