The seizure was done by the South African Revenue Service (SARS) Customs Division, and was conducted over last weekend in ten separate incidents which began on Friday.
What does SARS stand for?
SARS stands for South African Revenue Service
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SARS
We have 78 other meanings of SARS in our Acronym Attic
- Schweres Akutes Respiratorisches Syndrom (German: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Scientific Apparatus Recycling Scheme
- Secure Asset Reporting System
- Security Activities Reporting System (various organizations)
- Segmentation And Reassembly Sublayer
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (caused by member of Corona virus family)
- Sexual Assault Resource Service
- Shipboard/Strategic Automatic Recorder System
- Simpson-Angus Rating Scale
- Society of Academic and Research Surgery (UK)
- Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad
- Students Against Rude Standards
- Substance Abuse and Recovery Services (rehabilitation; various locations)
- Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome (less common)
- Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (Suffolk, UK)
- Suspicious Activity Reporting System
- Sveze Amputirana Ruka Satriania (Serbian: Freshly Amputated Hand of Satriani; Serbian rock band)
- Syndrome Respiratoire Aigu Sévère (French: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Corona Virus (illness)
- Segmentation And Reassembly Sublayer - Service Data Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The environment organisation said: "WWF South Africa applauds the efforts of the South African Revenue Services and other law enforcement agencies for the successful arrest, prosecution and sentencing of the highest-ranking rhino syndicate member to be brought to book in South Africa.
In South Africa, the South African Revenue Service is looking to fill 30 vacancies for specialists in international tax and transfer pricing.
But the South African Revenue Service were puzzled when the tycoon claimed to be earning only pounds 5000 a year.
The NHI fund would report directly to the minister of health and be constructed along the lines of the South African Revenue Service (SARS), 'acting like a cheetah and not an elephant, with all the bureaucracy'.
Now there are ways in which investments can be made, where the South African Revenue Service chips in as well - in some cases, quite generously.
Significant timing The timing of the labour boss's call was significant, coming on the heels of an announcement by Finance Minister Pravin Gord-han in his budget address that the South African Revenue Service will conduct lifestyle audits regularly as part of a major onslaught on fraud and corruption in government.
The piece caught the eye of South African Revenue Service investigator Charles Chipps, who had just processed King's tax return.