8 Kyodo The Tokyo branch of Germany's Commerzbank was ordered Friday by Japan's financial watchdog to clarify the responsibilities of its management for making a below-market quotation last autumn for the South African rand which resulted in settlements at an inappropriate rate.
What does R stand for?
R stands for South African Rand (national currency)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of R
- Routine (logging abbreviation)
- Rua (Portuguese: street; postal usage)
- Run (baseball/softball)
- Runner (Mic-O-Say, Heart of America Council, Boy Scouts of America)
- Russian (rabbit breed)
- Search Radius (US DoD)
- Set of Real Numbers (math)
- Third Heartbeat Wave
- Thursday (using one letter for each day of week)
- US DoT tire speed rating (106 mph)
- US Revenue Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Rice and Beans
- Research and Development
- Remove and Replace
- Rest and Relaxation
- Royal Newfoundland Regiment
- Ventricular Extrasystoles (premature ventricular (qRS) complex in the electrocardiogram interrupting the t wave of the preceding beat)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jewellery, a digital camera, a car key, South African rand and pounds 12 in cash were taken but all were later returned.
What the Pound Buys Abroad also shows sterling is up 15 per cent in a year against the South African rand and 19 per cent in two years against the Jamaican dollar.
Chief culprit is the strength of the national currency, the Ilangeni, which is pegged to the South African rand currency through the region's Common Monetary Area arrangement.
Another factor that could have a potential impact on platinum group metals (PGM) prices in the near-term is the recent appreciation in the value of the South African rand against the U.