The call for VMMC implementation came from South Africans after the Orange Farm study results were announced, was considered by the Department of Health (DoH), and was discussed extensively by all 19 sectors within the South African National AIDS Council (SANAC).
What does SANAC stand for?
SANAC stands for South African National AIDS Council
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SANAC
We have 2 other meanings of SANAC in our Acronym Attic
- Sindhi Association of North America
- Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association
- Society for the Anthropology of North America
- South Asian Networking Association
- South Asian News Agency
- Soyfoods Association of North America
- Syrian Arab News Agency
- Systemic Avastin for Neovascular AMD (Study)
- Sejima and Nishizawa and Associates (architecture firm; Japan)
- South African Narcotics Bureau
- South African Native Affairs Commission
- Substance Abuse Network Advisory Council
- Society of Asian North American Christian Studies
- Standard and New Antiepileptic Drugs (UK)
- South African National Antarctic Expeditions
- South African Non-Amateur Golf (Pretoria, South Africa)
- South African National Academy of Intelligence (est. 2003)
- Student Alliance of North American Indians (University of California Santa Cruz)
- Southern Azerbaijan National Awakening Movement
- South African National Antarctic Programme
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new guideline currently before the South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) is intended to guide practitioners on HIV testing, but current drafts suggest conventional approaches to testing and counselling processes and have also not been finalised.
After 2 years of consultation and scientific briefings of stakeholders the South African National AIDS Council has prepared MC guidelines while the health department is busy with a feasibility study and cost analysis.
Anecdotal reports of sites with waiting lists of several months for ART appointments, sites insisting on in-person appointments, delays in staging CD4 counts and difficulty in contacting ART sites, along with unnecessarily protracted counselling, have all been reported to the South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) Treatment Care and Support Technical Task Team.