6724 Shanaaz Mathews The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town, and Gender & Health Research Unit, South African Medical Research Council, Cape Town shanaaz.
What does SAMRC stand for?
SAMRC stands for South African Medical Research Council
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAMRC
- Staphylococcus Aureus Meticilino Resistente (Spanish: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
- Structured Adaptive Mesh Refinement
- San Antonio Model Railroad Association (Texas)
- Secretary of the Army, Manpower and Reserve Affairs
- Sino-American Medical Rehabilitation Association (various locations; est. 1969)
- South African Market Research Association
- Southern African Marketing Research Association (Gauteng, South Africa )
- Swedish Amateur and Model Rocketry Association
- Somali Action for Media Research and Freedom
- Surface-to-Air Medium-Range Active Missile
- Students Association of Mount Royal College (Alberta, Canada)
- South African Mineral Resource Committee
- Saudi Aramco Mobil Refinery
- Surface-to-Air Missile Status Report
- Scalable Adaptive Multicast Research Group
- Sasaki Applied Meteorology Research Institute
- South Asia Migration Resource Network
- Sydney Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Research Network (Sydney, Australia)
- Southern African Music Rights Organisation
- South Australian Motor Racing Officials Association (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data from the South African Medical Research Council (MRC) indicate that 40 percent of men have admitted to hitting their partners (wife or girlfriend), while one-fourth of men have raped a woman sometime in their lives.
Yach established the Centre for Epidemiological Research at the South African Medical Research Council.
Officials from the South African Medical Research Council, the World Health Organization, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention called for rapid surveys of the prevalence of extensive drug-resistant TB in high-risk countries, increased laboratory capacity to carry out vital culture and drug resistance testing, improved clinical capacity, infection control precautions, and research support for new drug and diagnostic tests.
However, other experts, such as Marlies Craig, a malaria researcher at the South African Medical Research Council in Durban, believe that factors besides increasing temperatures, such as increased resistance to drugs, are the cause of this vector spread.
Some 80 per cent of South Africans visit traditional healers and about 60 per cent of births are attended by traditional birth attendants, says the South African Medical Research Council.
Last month, leading researchers from the South African Medical Research Council announced at the bi-annual International AIDS Microbicide Conference in Cape Town, South Africa that a microbicide to prevent AIDS could be available for use by women as early as 2010.
Research from the South African Medical Research Council suggest that up to one-third of the men in the country admitted they had committed rape at least once in their lives, suggesting widespread acceptance and a lack of prosecution.