The South African Banking Risk Information Centre (Sabric), reports that 189 hand-held skimming machines and 36 ATM-mounted skimming devices were retrieved throughout the country in 2010.
What does SABRIC stand for?
SABRIC stands for South African Banking Risk Information Centre
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Software Architecture Based Requirements Engineering
- Space Agricultural Biology Research and Education Institute (NASA)
- Store Access Bus Recording Equipment
- Superior Achievement in Branding and Reputation (Scotland)
- Supplier Advanced Business Relationship (Aerospace)
- Supply Analysis for Better Responsiveness & Effectiveness
- Supporting Britain's Reservists and Employers
- Surveillance and Automated Business Reporting Engine
- Synergistic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine (Reaction Engines Ltd.)
- Ship Alteration Budget Reporting and Evaluation System
- SADC (Southern Africa Development Community) Bean Research Network
- Space Atmospheric Burst Reporting System
- Standard Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting System
- San Antonio Blues Society (San Antonio, TX)
- Search and Booking System (travel)
- Soiuz aktivnoi bor’bys samoderzhaviem
- South African Bureau of Standards
- South Atlantic Blockading Squadron (US Civil War)
- St. Andrews Biological Station (Canada)
- Subscriber Administration and Billing System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The South African Banking Risk Information Centre (Sabric) is particularly important because it provides both detailed information on the nature of banking crime and advice on the best methods of tackling it, both for South Africa and for the wider continent.