The South African Astronomical Observatory is pleased to collaborate with the Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope project, and we are excited by the prospects for both scientific observations and public outreach activities," Ted Williams, Director of SO said.
What does SAAO stand for?
SAAO stands for South African Astronomical Observatory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAAO
We have 3 other meanings of SAAO in our Acronym Attic
- Société des Acadiens et Acadiennes du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Selective Apoptotic Anti-Neoplastic Drug
- Selfridge Army/Air National Guard Base (Michigan)
- Sensitivity-Analysis-Based Adjoint Neural Network (electrical engineering)
- South Asian-American Network of Organizations (California)
- School Administrators' Association New York State
- Ski Areas Association of New Zealand
- Sleep Apnoea Association of New Zealand (est. 1992)
- Sociological Association of Aotearoa New Zealand (Aotearoa, New Zealand)
- Sport Aircraft Association New Zealand
- South African-American Organization (White Plains, NY)
- Special Amenity Area Order (Ireland)
- Staff Affirmative Action Office (University of California, Los Angeles)
- State Army Aviation Officer (Army National Guard)
- South African Astronomical Observatory Circular (astronomy journal)
- Same As Any Other Disorder
- San Antonio Association for Organizational Development (San Antonio, TX)
- San Antonio Astronomical Observers Group
- South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Orange Park, FL)
- South African Astronomical Observatory Republic (astronomy periodical)
Samples in periodicals archive:
40 ya: In 1970 the CSIR announced the amalgamation of the Cape, Radcliffe and Republic Observatories to form the South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO).
We then took the mirrors with us on our Physics field trip to the Western Cape where technicians Willie Koorts and Malcolm Hendricks at the South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) in Cape Town kindly aluminised the glass for us for free.
MONET/South Although the name MONET may sound French, it is actually a joint project between the Georg-August-Universift Gottingen in Germany, the South African Astronomical Observatory and the McDonald Observatory of the University of Texas at Austin, USA.